For Immediate Release
Viewfinity Patent Published For On-The-Fly Encapsulation Architecture
New Patent is the Foundation for Viewfinity Systems and Privilege Management
Waltham, MA February 25, 2010 — Viewfinity , the innovator of systems and privilege management via cloud-computing, announced today its patent for its on-the-fly desktop virtualization and encapsulation architecture has been published. The main idea of Viewfinity's encapsulated file management technology is the encapsulation of all files and settings of any application into Viewfinity Capsules. Once encapsulated, each application can be managed separately from the interaction between OS and other applications. A unique benefit of Viewfinity's encapsulated file management systems is that the technology provides an option to share part of the files between different encapsulated applications.
"The desktop virtualization movement exists because traditional desktop management tools fail to provide the capabilities needed to cost effectively manage desktops and laptops," said Leonid Shtilman, Founder and CEO of Viewfinity. "Our architecture design unifies traditionally distributed application components into manageable capsules. Once encapsulated, this technology offers significant benefits when dealing with daily challenges related to managing applications on distributed desktops."
Architecture and Technology Infrastructure Facts
- Isolating each application from the OS provides more control over DLLs and registry changes that are made directly to the OS. This eliminates the opportunity for applications to cause performance degradation and conflicts—even for those installed by end users from the internet.
- Our patented technology does not require changes or investment in the existing IT infrastructure, user experience or day-to-day IT operations.
- Provides automated on-the-fly virtualization of ALL applications, personal settings and data, including the ability to encapsulate applications installed prior to the Viewfinity agent deployment
- Eliminates the need to clean the PC, install the virtualization layer, prepackage applications and then redeploy to the desktop
- Transparently and automatic deploys a small agent to the desktop — virtualization is in effect immediately without having to reboot the client machine
Viewfinity uses its encapsulated file management technology as the foundation for tools to deploy and manage applications, licenses and assets, meet compliance requirements, and implement lockdown or rollback functions from any web interface. Viewfinity has a second patent-pending which was filed in January 2010.
For more information about Viewfinity, or to schedule an interview, please call
Dan Chmielewski at
or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Viewfinity provides the only solution which offers complete application control features and administrative privilege capabilities to protect against sophisticated zero-day attacks, malware, and advanced persistent threats. Our next generation application control provides everything needed for whitelisting - from trusted sources and updaters to a cloud-based system which can rank unknown executables, reinforced with managed administrative privileges. Applications not yet classified run in a sandbox "greylist mode" and are automatically evaluated and assigned to a white/black list. Our solution enhances the utilization of antivirus as a protective filter for the greylist. This approach leads to more secure desktop and server environments, enables high operational IT efficiency via a lower TCO model, and maximizes end user productivity.