Discover User Accounts that Have Local Administrative Rights
The Viewfinity Local Admin Discovery is a free tool that allows you to discover user accounts and groups that are members of the local “Administrators” built-in user group on computers in your Windows domain.
Being a local Administrator presents an unwelcomed opportunity for damage to been done to the computer, either intentionally or accidentally, thus causing additional troubleshooting and repair work for IT and downtime for the end users. Often the damage, such as a virus or malware invasion, may even jeopardize other computers in your network as well. Having detailed information related to which users and groups have administrator rights on corporate desktops allows you to reassess who should have these rights. Once the analysis has been run, IT Administrators can take action, if needed, by removing the users or suspicious groups from the Administrators group.
The results provided by the tool categorize the discovered Administrators in three groups according to the following rules:
- Default Administrators (like Domain Admins, etc.)
- Other AD Groups
- AD or local users and any local user groups
Download the free tool today!
Click here for the Getting Started Guide.
- Discovers who is an “Administrator” by selecting computers to be analyzed either individually or by selecting the entire containers to which they belong (i.e., organizational unit or the entire AD organization)
- Provides the ability to remove users or groups from the Administrators group if you do not want them to have administrator rights
- Generates graphical summary reports
- Exports data to Excel for further analysis and reporting
- In-depth analysis provides information needed for further securing your network
- Local Admin Discovery is provided at no cost to your organization
- Analysis can be run regularly so you’re always aware of which user accounts have local administrator rights