- Reducing the probability of malicious and virus attacks on corporate laptops & desktops
- Decreasing server security risks by managing and controlling user permissions based upon role-based account access and segregation of responsibilities
- Restricting the use of applications that create security risks
- Eliminating security risks by providing administrative rights to Windows applications and processes rather than allowing full administrative rights to end users
- Managing remote and mobile endpoints so they are in full compliance with corporate policies
- Auditing and validating activity on sensitive business applications
- Monitoring privileged users who are enforcing policy rules
Energy and Utility companies have a number of IT security related mandates and topping that list is ensuring that unauthorized access to the core IT infrastructure is never breached. This industry faces stricter, more comprehensive security audits and validation proof points based upon requirements set forth by several energy and utility boards, including those set by FERC, NERC and other governmental agencies. Thus it is critical that as part of this highly sensitive environment, you must consider every possible measure that can be taken for securing your IT environment. Especially potential vulnerabilities introduced via unmanaged desktops with full administrative rights.
Today in highly sensitive environments implementing security has become a multi-layered approach. The more layers of IT security protection you implement, the more secure your endpoints become. This equates to less vulnerability to hackers, malware, and embarrassing security breaches that could prove costly to your company’s reputation and bottom line. Moving to a least privileges environment should be strongly considered. The added layer of protection offered by locking down desktops in a least privileges environment further protects companies from unwanted incidents. Companies are turning to Viewfinity for a privilege management solution that creates a least privileges environment adding an extra layer of IT security protection.
Learn more about the Viewfinity Privilege Management product.
- Grand River Dam Authority
- Basic Energy Services
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.