- Reducing the probability of malicious and virus attacks on corporate laptops & desktops
- Decreasing server security risks by managing and controlling user permissions based upon role-based account access and segregation of responsibilities
- Restricting the use of applications that create security risks
- Eliminating security risks by providing administrative rights to Windows applications and processes rather than allowing full administrative rights to end users
- Managing remote and mobile endpoints so they are in full compliance with corporate policies
- Auditing and validating activity on sensitive business applications
- Monitoring privileged users who are enforcing policy rules
For financial institutions, the risks associated with a data breach can be devastating. As such, this industry faces extreme pressure to implement proven technology solutions to ensure compliance and protect its information assets. The negative impact begins with the public relations nightmare that damages the company’s brand identity and customer trust that is very difficult to recover from. Beyond the damaged reputation and lost trust there are law suits, hefty fines and lost revenue which compound the damages.
Compliance needs and requirements for the financial services industry are numerous and increasing in complexity and strictness. Financial services companies are now being required to provide validation of regulatory mandates to comply with Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), SOX, PCI requirements, and more. To do so, enterprises must leverage security and operational software products that provide a layered approach to protecting their IT environments. Audit trail reports and validation proof have wide-spread applicability and appeal considering the type of information that needs to be presented for policy auditing purposes.
Viewfinity’s award-winning solutions are deployed worldwide to solve these types of IT security challenges. To overcome the threat of ever evolving malware and security risks, moving to a least privileges environment should be strongly considered. The added layer of protection offered by locking down desktops further protects companies from unwanted security incidents. The implementation of a least privileges environment should be managed using a privilege management solution to balance the rigidity of locking down end points with the needs of end user customization allowing for business productivity. It provides security and operations professionals with a method for securing the end-point by elevating privileges at the application level, or for desktop functions, rather than providing total administrative privileges. Systems are less at risk without sacrificing user productivity or increasing support call volume, thereby offering a cost effective approach to providing secure and productive desktop computing environments.
Learn more about the Viewfinity Privilege Management product.